When the first nap of the day wasn't going so well, mainly because Mommy decided that we should throw the routine out the window and just let us all sleep in together until 10am...
| This turned out to be a bad, bad idea...when I didn't actually get ANY extra sleep from that 5:30am feed until 10am and it STILL threw off the day completely. Woops. But just look at these faces... |
The babies weren't having that first nap because, well, they got an extra hour and a half of sleep in the morning. So, after 20 minutes of sorta sleep, and 15 minutes of full-on resisting sleep, I decided the nap was over. We had some time to kill, so I got Grace out of her crib and Caleb fell sorta back to sleep so I had a little mommy/daughter time. We went into our master bathroom and checked out the full-length mirror! Apparently Grace found great pleasure in these reflections, because she stared right at my face in the mirror and when I would smile really big, she'd smile right back. And then when I made a funny face, she chuckled. So I did it again and got an even bigger giggle! I bounced her up and down and got a full blown laugh out of her as we stared at eachother in the mirror. It was my first time really making Grace laugh like that and it was such a good memory. In the midst of the madness, a little girl's laugh can change it all.
They ended up letting me take a shower while they chilled in their bouncies on the bathroom floor, which was a big win. Then all hell broke loose when rejecting bottles was the name of the game and then serious hunger ensued. But I'll never forget my special moment with Gracie.
And the big silver lining? As I was nearly broken in frustration trying to get the crying to stop and the eating to begin, Ben came home to save me and I got to get out for my MoMs meeting! Coudn't have come at a better time. They had a children's psychologist talking about how to help our kids learn proper coping mechanisms like breathing and understanding their emotions. But the best part was going out for food and drinks afterward and getting to know some of the other MoMs better. I'm a social creature, what can I say? We started talking about doing a Couple's Night Out sometime soon, and I'm really looking forward to that.
So, all in all, a stressful day still produced some amazing moments and memories. Thanks for my first March Giggle, little Gracie!
| She's learning to reach for things while on her tummy! I see crawling in the not-so-distant future! |
| Tummy time is so much more exciting when I can stare at that other baby!!! |
| ...Or my reflection! |
| The double toy grab!?! Nice job, little face! |
No comments:
Post a Comment