I'm so glad that I took this month to write out some of the lessons I've been learning as a new mom to two amazing little lives. That's really what this is all about. I'm learning something new everyday; learning the best ways (or just ways) to help my babies grow, be happy, and stay healthy. I'm learning how to be a mom, and I don't think these lessons will ever stop. I can see myself with two 18 year old young adults, and still learning new ways to be their mother.
I'm happy to live each day as a new lesson. I get frustrated sometimes, as those who know me can attest, in not knowing the right way immediately. But it's so true that there really isn't much of a "right way" to do this. It's just loving on these kids, that's what matters.
So my lesson today is to never stop learning. Be open to change (x100!!!), be open to new ideas, and be flexible. Each day is a new adventure and a new opportunity! (As cheesey as that sounds...)
So we're on to a new month! I'm so excited to keep this going, and I'm feeling really lucky that I've had the chance to stay home with our littles for this long, learn as much as I have, and be able to record their first months in such detail. I've already taken a lot of time (during those few sweet, sweet naps!!) to go back and read through what I've written in days past and revel at the amount that the twins, and I, have grown.
March is my last month home with the babies; I'll be starting back at work in April. So I want to make sure to take advantage of having that extra time to continue recording our life in this space. As soon as I'm back at work and having to add the showering/getting ready and commuting aspect to my day, as well as not getting nearly as much time to spend with my babies, I'm not sure how the blogging will go. I'd like to say that I'll keep it up nightly, but I'm not sure. So next month will be important to me!
And my theme for March: Daily Giggles! I want to capture the funniest and happiest moments of each day. Even if it's just a silver lining, I want to make sure to take time and think about how truly blessed each day is, and record it here for you all to see, but also for myself to look back on (and maybe even the littles to read one day).
So get ready for our daily giggles- we have a lot of them around here! :)
| She's just too adorable...don't tell, but Ben and I joke that she sorta looks like a Who from Who-ville! ;) |
| I love that she is really starting to play with toys now! |
| He's such a happy little dude, as long as it's before 6pm... |
| I wonder what he's thinking about when he smiles at his toys! |
| Grace is mastering the double-hand grab now! |
| She grabs her rings or hanging toys and brings them to her mouth with both hands! |
| Caleb is really starting to get better at grabbing things. He is actually using his thumbs now to grab! |
| Intense focus. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment