I've got goals, lofty goals. I want our babies to sleep through the night, but I want it to be from 8pm to 8am. I want them to sleep and nap in their cribs without waking up after 45 minutes. I want to lose 25 pounds. I want to be toned, fit, ready to run a half marathon by January of next year (but toned and fit long before that).
I need to take it one day at a time.
We tried a nap in the crib yesterday for the first time in a long time. It started out a bit rocky, lots of replacing binkies due to crying. Then, they got it and both fell asleep (him before her surprisingly). But alas, 45 minutes later, when I was out for a quick run, he woke up inconsolable and Ben had to get him out of the crib. Then she woke up crying ten minutes later and her nap was over for good.
Baby steps.
A short nap in the crib is still a win in some ways. We'll get there.
Tonight, I put Grace in her crib swaddled after the 8:30 bottle. She fell asleep in my arms, so I swaddled her and put her to bed. Not the "drowsy but awake" that I'd hope for, but it's baby steps. It's out of her bouncy chair and in the crib. We'll see what happens in the next hour or so.
I've eaten a ton of fruit today when I was wicked hungry rather than rumaging for candy or chocolate or anything with "high fructose corn syrup" as the first ingredient...yikes.
I then went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and got a brownie. Baby steps. I'll get there.
Here's a good comparison shot at the "baby steps" we've taken to get to where we are now!!
| Six days old |
| 16 weeks and 2 days old |
| LOVING the new swing from Uncle Brian and Aunt Nicole! |
| He definitely doesn't need the head support, he's huge! |
| I'm getting sleepy |
![]() |
| Gracie bathtime with Daddy! She'd be so mad at me if she knew :) |
I can't WAIT to get these littles in the swimming pool, oh my gosh! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment