Superbowl Sunday! Gotta love it, and I'm sorry, but you've gotta have either a beer or a margarita. Or three.
THE BABIES HAVE GONE CRAZY! THE BABIES HAVE GONE CRAZY!
(Ben typed that while I was out of the room trying desperately to get Caleb to stop crying and after he had spent who knows how long trying desperately to get Grace to stop crying...and had finally put her in her crib successfully. Wow, it's been quite the night.Haha!)
So, needless to say, don't drink more than one drink when you have three month old twins cuz you never know what's gonna go down- and you need to be in ready-mode at all times! Oy.
See, today was a pretty good day. They saved it all up for tonight. We had been in a fairly good routine of crying on and off from about 6-9:30 (with some intermittent napping sometimes), then sleeping from about 9:30 or 10 to about 11:00, then dreamfeed and immediately swaddled and put in cribs. The last two nights, out of nowhere, they have been crying on and off somewhat from about 5-6, then napping and eating well from 6-9:30, then BAM, the end of the world. Do we feed them again? Do we do the feed when we would normally do the dreamfeed? Do we try to swaddle them and put them in their cribs right after that feed like we would during the dreamfeed? Yeah, we tried to do that both times and it was an epic fail. Tonight, they ate at 7:30 (8 for Caleb), then played for a while with us after we put them in their nighttime onesies. Then Grace fell asleep around 9:00, Caleb around 9:30. Grace woke up around 9:30, started acting hungry around 10:15. Caleb woke up at 10:15 sobbing. So we fed them at around 10:20 (we would normally call this one the dreamfeed, just a bit early) and then tried to swaddle them and get them sleepy. No such luck. This prompted over an hour of torturous screaming from Caleb and big wet tears from Grace. We unswaddled, re-swaddled, shooshed, rocked, bounced, tried to feed some more, binkied, cuddled, laid on the ottoman...nothing. Finally, Caleb noticed the tv mid-sob and stopped crying. Not good, but I'll take it. So I stood with him in front of the tv for a bit, then walked away- more crying. So I went back, stopped crying. Finally, after about 5 minutes of tv time, he had calmed down so I took him to the bedroom, swaddled him, put him in his crib and crossed my fingers. He half-cried for maybe two minutes then put himself to sleep. This was at 11:30ish. What the? Yeah, no idea what is going on or how to fix it. I need to, somehow, get these babies on an earlier sleep schedule. They are absolute rockstars once they go down for the night (seriously, like 10-12 hours of sleeping with only one wake up), but before that it's like armageddon around here. We've been letting it happen because honestly, 10-12 hours of sleeping, I'll take anyway I can get it. But it's not gonna be good for any of us eventually. Eh, like I said last night, it's all gonna change by next week, or tomorrow, or next month.
I'm still sick, but it's feeling less like a constant waterfall is running out of my face and more like I'm getting a serious cough. Ugh, I sure hope (for all of us) this doesn't turn into bronchitis...again.
Things are still going well on the pumping front. Caleb is going through some sort of phase cuz he's eating a lot less at most feeds, somewhere around 4.5 oz. Seriously, everything always changes!!! Then this morning, Ben fed him 10oz in one feed. What is that little man up to?!?! I've had a few questions/recommendations about thickening his bottles with rice cereal. I actually brought this up to our pediatrician a little while ago because a) I'm worried I won't be able to keep up with both him and Grace on the supply side, and b) I'm worried that he's just eating way too much and maybe we need to do something about it or maybe he's not metabolizing it right or something. She said no, not yet. Apparently she feels really strongly that he's still too young. We'll see what happens over the next month or so though. I know some people start solids at 4 months. I'd like to wait as long as humanly possible to start the madness that will be spoon feeding twins...so keep your fingers crossed that they're still good with bottles alone for a little while.
Caleb's eye is still a disaster. I keep wondering if that's what's making him crazy...but he only gets like this at night, so that doesn't make sense to me. Honestly, he's the happiest little man during the day right now (it wasn't always like that). He's smiling all.the.time- the cutest fat-baby gummy smile you've ever seen. And then all of a sudden, his little world collapses at night. I hate it for him. I hate hearing him scream like he's in horrible pain like that. I just want to fix it.
Grace hasn't laughed quite as much recently (really just last night and today), but she's still smiling a lot more and really interacting. She's pulling things to her mouth more and acting even more curious. She almost always wants to be sitting up rather than lying down, and her favorite is to practice standing. She LOVES standing!
Here they are!
| Caleb always has his ready-to-smile demeanor. He's chatty and coo-ey! |
No comments:
Post a Comment