Today, I stopped and looked at our babies. They were both in their jumperoos looking around, batting at the toys in front of them, and actually bouncing. These were the little ones who couldn't keep their eyes open long enough to eat. The little ones who were barely big enough to fit in their car seats for the ride home from the hospital. My tiny babies are growing up, and it's going so, so fast.
As I watch them learning something new everyday, showing more and more of their personalities, and interacting with us in their own special ways, I'm filled with such pride and excitement. I can't believe how utterly intoxicated I am by them. They're so wonderful.
I wish I could slow down time. I know that it's hard, that the lack of sleep and the difficulties with naps, binkies, and feedings aren't my favorite parts of the day...but there are SO many truly perfect moments with them. I want to savor every piece of it, to make it last. This is my last baby phase, I want to cherish it.
So, lesson of the day, take time to watch. To really stop and smell them, breathe them in, truly look at them. It goes too fast.
Happy 4 months babies!
And of course, the out-takes!
And lots of cute ones from today:
| They are both totally obsessed with sucking on their hands! |
| Probably my favorite picture of Grace so far... haha! |
| Please excuse the gash in my son's face...he likes to attack his skin with his fingernails... |
| Loving the top of the playmat...it's just a piece of yellow plastic, buddy! |
| The sleeveless men! |
| BIG BUBBA! (From Ben's Mom!) |
| LITTLE LADY! (And just look at that big toe! Seriously?) |
Ps- Both babies napped in their cribs all day and were down for bed in their cribs by 7:30. Caleb woke up crying about an hour later twice and I had to give him his binky...but that's WICKED progress! :) Win win win.
No comments:
Post a Comment