Today, our twins smiled at eachother. It was absolutely precious and I never want to forget it. I'm sure there will be millions of smiles flashed back and forth for our littles, and I'll love each and every one (yes, even the ones when they're up to some mischief together...).
I had Caleb on the couch next to me in a boppy and Grace in my arms practicing standing on my legs. I looked over at Caleb and he was looking at Miss Grace, so I decided to see if they'd look at eachother. I held Grace right over Caleb and she was sort of looking around above him. Then all of a sudden, Caleb started smiling at her. I don't know if he just realized that she's another baby like him, or if he recognized her face or what. But it was so sweet. And THEN, she happened to look down at him right when he was smiling, and she smiled right back! They didn't hold their gaze for long...they rarely do with all of the exciting things to look at in our living room (??), but it was too sweet.
Our two miracles, smiling together.
I also saw Grace roll from back to tummy for the first time today as well. I've gone into her room and she was lying on her tummy, so I knew she could do it (but we had their cribs slightly elevated so I thought that was the reason she could roll), but she did it today on her playmat. She got really mad though because she doesn't particularly enjoy being on her tummy, so that was sort of funny. Sad, I'm a horrible person. ;)
We're having a LOT of trouble with sleep right now. I'm hoping that this is the "4 Month Wakeful" period that I've read about. If it's not, and we still have that to look forward to, I don't know what I'm gonna do. They won't nap for longer than 30 minutes, they are fighting bedtime like it's the end of the world, and they are waking up every 30-45 minutes from about 3am until I finally cave and feed them around 5:30.
They seem SO tired, really pretty fussy...but they just won't sleep. From what I've read, at around 4 months, they are learning so much and going through growth spurts at the same time, that they just can't sleep. Ugh, mama's tired.
Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
| Well hello there, blue elephant. We meet again. |
| Oh, and you too, Mr. Lion face. Thanks for joining the party! |
| So...I'm gettin real good at this rolling thing...does this mean I get to bust out of the playmat jail anytime soon? |
No comments:
Post a Comment