Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Snapshot #11 - Sick Baby?

I'm taking both babies to the doctor tomorrow.  We have one little lady with a horrific diaper rash, a very runny and stuffy nose, and a sad disposition.  We also have one little man with an increasing cough and a serious sleep problem. I'm hoping we might get some help. Please?

Today was Caleb's therapy day and it went really well! We've progressed from the first day's simple "trunk movements" to now sitting Caleb up on the ball and bouncing him to stabilize his core.  We're also giving him very limited help to sit up compared to a couple of weeks ago! And today we did some standing practice to help the little man stand up without using his arms to pull himself up.  It's funny because when I think about it, he's really come a long way. But of course I want so much for him, so my expectations are incredibly high. I want him to be able to crawl and help himself, so I have to check myself when I get impatient or worried.  It's a marathon, not a sprint! He's doing great!
Gracie has already woken up twice since bedtime and it's looking like another rough night for the Haleys. Caleb was up for a few hours last night screaming again, so both Ben and I were awake with him.  We're tired and confused...and hoping that this is merely a short phase. 

But just look at these adorable faces...





This is Caleb sitting himself up with just a little help holding his leg down!

And squirming to get a toy!

Best buds...

:)

During speech therapy, Caleb got to play with some feathers and he LOVED them! As soon as the therapist tickled his leg with them, he started full on laughing, it was so cute.

He was also loving this tinsle! :) (We're working on getting him to make eye contact with us when he wants something rather than just staring at the toy...we're also using some signs and a lot of repetition)

No comments:

Post a Comment