Friday, September 7, 2012

Snapshot #7 - Baby Steps

I guess I was kind of anticipating that Grace would stop trying to take steps for a little while because after her first go at it, she wouldn't repeat the show last night.  But I was wrong! Little Miss was standing alone a whole lot more today and even took a couple of steps here and there!

She's still cautious, that's just Gracie.  She wobbles a bit and then usually just squats down and gets into her crawling position if she's not confident enough.  But there were a couple of times that she actually reached from one toy to another as she was cruising along and had to let go for a bit and step toward the other!

On the other hand, we're taking small baby steps with Caleb, too.  He's moving at his own pace, and sometimes it's hard to see Grace take these leaps and know that Caleb is getting further and further behind her.  But he's still moving! It was the tortoise who won the race, right? :)

We had him up on the ball today and he was doing some small balancing skills here and there. And I saw him put his hand down to catch himself from falling as he sat in the playroom a couple of times tonight!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend! I have some big plans coming up that I'll share soon, so I'm excited to spend good quality time with my littles soaking in all of their deliciousness. :)

Grace's jungle gym this morning- she was very intensely staring at the cat who was next to me!

Friday party bow!

Hi Bub

Therapy

Sitting on our new playroom chair- she's such a big girl!

Ooooh, I'll just tug on this here...

Oh, I guess that didn't work out too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment