Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Snapshot #4 - Celebrate!

We have a lot to celebrate today!

First, Caleb had therapy again today and he did really, really well! I, unfortunately, missed this one but Ben and Jessica told me all about it.  They had Caleb up on a physio ball to help him with becoming more aware of his surroundings and after a little bit of time, he started really working on balancing himself.  After the therapy session, he was doing SO well at stabalizing himself while he was sitting.  He would put his arm out if he started to lose his balance and he was even reaching and putting his other arm out to hold himself up while he tipped. That's huge progress for little dude! I am so, so proud.

Second, Grace stood up all by herself today several times and even DANCED without holding onto anything.  We were hanging out in the playroom after therapy and I looked over to see Gracie standing next to the piano without holding on while she was doing her little squat/hip swivel dance! Amazing! Boo bear is about ten seconds away from walking...and again, I'm SO proud!

Finally, I had a really exciting day at work today so we had to bust out the Frank Family Chardonnay (one of my favs) to celebrate! I have a big decision to make tomorrow but this is really great news and I've worked hard to get here, so it felt amazing.

All in all, it was a phenomenal day in the Haley household! I took the babies to the doctor today to check on Grace's diaper rash but it seems it's just a little irritation, nothing to be worried about.  I asked about Caleb's cough and they didn't have any answers but said we could bring him back for a full work up if needed. We'll wait and see on that one, but it seems to be getting a bit better all the time, so that's good!

Now let's cap off this fantastic day with a full nights sleep...what do you say babies? ;)

Caleb's workout!

I'm on top of the WORLD!

Practicing the parachute reflex- he's supposed to put his arms out in front of him to catch himself when he's falling head first...still working on it but we'll get there!

Some good daddy hugs after doing awesome at standing all by herself!

This one CRACKS me up! Um...no mom, I'm good. ;)

Gracie love

The little big man!

No comments:

Post a Comment