Today was Jessica's last day, and it was a little bit bitter for us. I wanted so badly to be happy for her and to truly thank her for all of her care for our children. But it was hard with the circumstances to be really grateful. If only this hadn't come out of nowhere. If only she'd given us a little more time to get everything in order for our family before joining another family.
But, I'm a firm believer that everything happens for some reason...even when it's really, really hard to find it right away. This was one of those times. It just has felt so harsh, so overwhelming- with everything that we have going on. Like a sick joke.
Until we met this nanny last night. And then brought her back today. She's really great. We offered her the job today and she's going to talk to her husband this weekend to make sure they feel comfortable with everything as a family- that it's the right fit. We'll find out before next week if we have our nanny...hopefully our long term nanny!
We had a lot of fun tonight! Caleb was SUPER giggly when the new nanny was here. He was laughing at pretty much everything I would do. And Grace was really cute with her- she, of course, took her time to observe, but then really started to open up after about thirty minutes. She crawled into her lap!
Dinner time was adorable. Caleb was talking SO much and just laughing hysterically (with this really funny breathy laugh he's doing now) at Daddy for no apparent reason. They are both really ticklish on their feet so we were tickling them and watching them squirm- precious.
I'm excited for the weekend but dreading Monday so badly. I can't believe I'm leaving my babies for so long. I'm completely in denial- I'm not even close to ready to go. I just don't want it to happen. I want to stay here and squeeze them. I'm going to miss my family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment