For the past four months, we haven't exactly gone crazy with the outings. Rightfully so, I think, with twin infants. But there's something to be said for getting out as a four-some from time to time, building even the silliest of memories.
Today, Ben and I took the babies out grocery shopping as a family for the first time. We'd been to restaurants before (a few times) and clothes shopping (maybe twice), but this was our first grocery trip and it went really well. Ben carried Grace in the bjorn and Caleb slept in his carseat in a cart. Ben had to push a second cart cuz there just isn't enough room for our grocery trips in that cart-full-o-little-man.
It was really fun to show Grace the different colors of Gatorades (ah yes, a learning opportunity at four months! ;) and to show off our littles to complete strangers. One woman stopped to ask if they were twins and let us know she's got 11 year old twin boys at home.
I think there's just something in being all together in a new environment. We spend most of our time in our living room on the weekends because Ben doesn't get to spend a ton of time with the babies during the week and it's hard to feel like "quality time" is being out and about. But every once in a while, I think it's a different kind of quality to do something new, or at least different than the usual sleep, eat, playmat routine that we've grown accustomed to.
Anyway, just get out. The more you do it, the easier it becomes!
| Daddy play time with Grace |
| Daddy play time with Caleb |
| So handsome. He for SURE has Daddy's eyes. |
| She is looking more grown up by the day. No more sleepy newborn eyes, look at those beautiful blues! |
| I heart Gracie feet. |
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteStarting FFF early I see. Way to go! Do you remember our FFF? I had fun. Didn't you?
ReplyDeleteI missed seeing the babies this weekend.
Thank you for the pictures. They are so cute.
Such sweet little babies! I have been trying to comment FOREVER! I read everyday, but my darn tablet doesn't deal with captcha codes well so my comment usually doesn't go through.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and seeing your littles grow! Also, I need your email address to invite you to our family blog. =)