I hope she shows up on Friday for her first day.
I will say that we really did like her. She's very sweet and seems to really like the littles. They liked her, too. No traumatized Caleb, which is good.
Oh, and she has her nursing degree, so that's fantastic! She's going to take the nursing exam next year and then apply for positions near the Fall of next year, so it's temporary but I think a good fit. She's actually still finishing up her med school requirements before officially graduating- she wants the possibility of going to med school to be available to her. She did an accelerated program through nursing school, and she seems really intelligent. And again, she's sweet. I like that.
When we brought up Caleb's seizure she was very understanding and gave us some examples of similar situations she dealt with during her Labor and Delivery rotation. She spent time in the NICU and fell in love with it, so she wants to work with babies. :)
As far as the rest of the day today, apparently the kids did well today. Ben had an awful night on baby duty last night, Caleb was up screaming from 3:30am all the way until 6am. We have no idea what's going on with him. We tried feeding him and doing cry it out and nothing was working. He wouldn't take a binky and he just seems so frantic. I wish I could fix whatever is bothering him. I really, really wish I knew what it was.
But after last night's drama, he was a much happier little man today. We interviewed another nanny this morning and then Britton came over and watched them again all day (so, so awesome!!!). They were happy today and didn't give Britton much trouble, but as soon as I got home Caleb turned into a very angry little guy and cried for almost an hour. It took a lot of attention (and bouncing!) to make him happy. We tried feeding him an extra bottle around 5pm and he ate almost the whole thing. Of course, then he hardly ate any of his bedtime bottle, so we'll see what that means for me tonight.
This whole shifting of schedules and trying to learn the babies' moods reminds me of the early days. Those first six months that I spent at home with them were all about figuring out these little creatures- what they liked, what they didn't like, what they wanted and needed. It wasn't the easiest job, but I'm so glad that I got that extra time to really learn them. I learned that Caleb doesn't like to be held lying down unless he's almost completely conked out. I learned that Grace needs to be held with her arm tucked under mine to feel truly comfortable. And I found out just how consuming love could truly be. I fell in love with these two little people (and even more in love with my husband for the amazing father that he is) and I'm completely wrapped up in them and in our family. I am so lucky.
| 2/14/11 My little valentines |
| Caleb taking steps! |
| Trying to bounce Caleb and appease Grace... |
| He absolutely loved the bouncing- literally cracking up! It was so cute! |
| Grace just wanted to steal my teeth and put them in her own mouth... |
No comments:
Post a Comment