Several fun things to write about. First, a little recap- the babies have been non-stop fussy for several days now and they were no better for Christy. I had to go in to the office at 5:30 this morning and Ben was stuck with the worst morning baby duty ever because the nursery smoke detector battery started chirping last night around midnight and by the morning was chirping every 30 seconds. The babies were not happy. Nor was Ben when he had to get a ladder out and replace the battery at 5:45am with two crying babies.
Oh, and he's getting sick.
And he has to go into the office at 4:30am tomorrow (I have to go in again at 5:30, so Christy is coming over at 5:15 thank goodness!).
BUT, with all that said, when we got home today the babies seemed to be in a much better mood! First, Christy told me that Caleb figured out how to scoot himself up against the play pin wall with his feet touching it and then push himself up into a full crawl position! He's been doing well at getting up into a stretched out crawl position, but can't hold that for long. This way, he can hold it for much longer! Yay buddy! Way to be innovative! :)
So then, I was holding him in the playroom and he was bouncing up and down in my arms like he loves to do when he's excited. He must have glanced over and noticed his shadow for the first time because he got so excited and reached for the wall. We spent the next several minutes over at the wall playing with his shadow- it was so cute! He was batting at it and jumping up and down!
THEN, we were lying on the floor in the family room before dinner when I heard Caleb clapping! Ben saw it so I sat up and tried to get him to do it again. Instead, Caleb started playing with his hands and making a waving motion. I waved at him and he imitated me and did it again! Pretty exciting stuff around here, I love it!
Grace also has some new tricks up her sleeve. She's doing this adorable new head-stand thing where she squats down and puts her head on the floor between her legs. It cracks me up everytime! And tonight, she was wandering around the house as we followed her around and then all of a sudden started getting a little whiney. I wasn't sure what was up but about a minute later, she had wandered right up to the counter and pointed directly up- right at her sippy cup! I handed her the sippy cup and of course did my "CUP!" speech lesson (and a little "please and thank you" lesson) and she got really excited and chugged almost the entire thing! How amazing to actually be able to somewhat communicate with my daughter! It's so helpful!
So, a very good day today. The kids were so much happier tonight than they have been- hopefully this means we'll get more sleep than we have the past couple of nights, ugh!
 |
| 1/4/12 - I remember when it was the biggest deal when their new trick was "holding hands"! Now they're all over grabbing each other and rolling on top of each other. Pretty cute. |
 |
| She LOVES this monkey :) So does Caleb!!! |
 |
| Standing at his piano! |
 |
| She's all over riding the train, too. |
 |
| HEAD STAND! |
 |
| Caleb passed out super early while playing this morning- he had a rough night last night. |
 |
| How he figured out how to push up into a crawl! |
 |
| SO excited to play with Mommy after work! |
 |
| Grace getting mad about Mommy not picking up her cup for the fourteenth time... ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment