Sunday, October 21, 2012

What A Year #20/21 - Party Animals!

Oh these babies are party animals!

They soaked up their birthday party and were absolutely amazing.  We didn't have one meltdown! Not ONE! There were about ten seconds when Grace cried because we tried to get her to wear a crown that she kept taking off, and then about two minutes when Caleb cried in the back room when I put him in a cold shower because the water was taking too long to warm up and he was covered in frosting...haha.  Otherwise, they were completely happy the entire time.

What great kids do we have? ;)

The party was a blast.  Jess did amazing things with the food and the decor and then the stuff I bought online turned out really cute as well.  Nicole's added touches were so cute and my parents' house was perfect.  I loved all of it!

Minor hiccup when the Walgreens by my parents house cancelled my order of over 300 photos to decorate the party with right at the last minute- I spent an hour and a half waiting at the Walgreens for that.  But of course, my family is phenomenal and when I got home, Ben was putting helium in the 50 balloons, Jess was preparing the food, my parents were helping decorate and the babies were as happy as can be.  We started the party a bit late because I was running so behind, so we put people to work as they showed up.  William, Britton, and Daniel helped attach pictures to the balloons so we would have a floating photo/balloon chandelier throughout the house! :)

Basically I couldn't have asked for more. I had this image in my head of what their first birthday party would be like and then the last couple of months got me pretty nervous that we'd end up just having dinner or something because everything has been so crazy.  But it was so much better than I had even envisioned!

I was thinking back to the first month that they were born and remembered that we hosted Thanksgiving at our house when they were four weeks old.  It was so hectic even though my parents did everything and I just fed babies the whole time.  They were fussy through dinner and I was nervous to have them out of my sight! Times have definitely changed.  I was happy to let everyone hold the babies and play with them all day yesterday (and today) and they were so pleased to be the center of attention! They were super flexible about changing up their meal times and Caleb took two short naps but Grace skipped all of her naps all day.  She made it all the way to 6:30 like a champ and then nearly passed out in her dinner! So cute.

Definitely a different scene from four weeks old!

After the party, we needed to celebrate Papa's birthday as well! So we had a little nap time (except for Grace and I...we have FOMO - Fear Of Missing Out - and couldn't sleep...) and then geared up for the wine party! We put the babies down around 6:30 or 7pm and then partied until midnight! What a great time :)

So now I leave you with a billion fantastic photos thanks to my brother's awesome photography skills and a few of my impromptu shots.  Oh, and of course a little flash from the past!

Thanksgiving Day 2011

Ben's birthday...I was shocked that I actually found the time and strength to make him a cake. Poor guy, this was all he got. 11/25/11

Well, he also got a little nap with Gracie.

Bubba 11/25/11

Go Colts! 11/27/11


And now...the First Birthday Party!  My little Prince and Princess are turning ONE!

Prince Caleb's grand entrance

Jill and Caleb



Grace and Aunt Nicole...she woulnd't wear her crown!



Grace with her cousins and her celery! :)


Mommy says let's open some presents already! ;)


Grace loved the bags


Caleb just wanted to eat the envelopes and cards!


I don't WANT to wear this!

I mean, I guess. But only for a minute!


Yay! Family shot!


Love it!

Here Mom, I did my time. Your turn.

Sold!

The cake. A bit of drama, but it turned out just fine!

Bring on the sugar!

Just giving them their cupcakes and Grace was already ready to go!

I love this. Grace is on it and Caleb's just a bit hesitant.


It only took him a couple of seconds to decide he was ok with this.


GIANT handful! First bite!

First bite...mostly frosting. :)






Opening some more presents- she LOVES this monkey rocker.  She ran up to it and hugged it's head. :) Thanks Daniel!



A helicopter for Caleb! Thanks Nana and Papa!

And now for a few shots of some of the decor...

The Royal Lemonade Stand

LOTS of balloons everywhere!

Floating pictures and The Prince's Feast

More floating pictures and lots to drink!


The Princess's Treats (dessert table) was right behind us- all pink with a design-your-own crown cookie bar! :) Thanks Jess!

LOVE the 12 Month Banner with their monthly photos- Thank Nicole!

Lots of dangling "1"s :) Happy First Babies!


And now some not-as-good shots from Mommy!

Before the party- hanging with Nana and Papa! This is his REALLY excited face!





10/21/12 - The morning after the festivities!
The balloons as deflated overnight and the babies woke up to an awesome balloon forest!







Heading out to breakfast with Nana and Grammy!

Love this flower in her hair :) She wouldn't leave it in, but at least I got a shot of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment