Saturday, October 6, 2012

What A Year #6 - Sitting!

Mr. Caleb has been sitting for a while now- he rarely falls down now when he sits, although sometimes he'll throw himself back when he just doesn't want to be sitting anymore... 

But he hasn't ever been able to do any sort of transitioning, whether it's from lying to sitting, from sitting to all-fours, or vice versa.  But today I actually saw the little man go from a crawling position into a sitting position! YAY!!!

We were working on transitioning from sitting to crawling actually and I was pushing his arms out to the side and helping to steady his legs so he could hold the four-point-crawl position.  He has been doing great with that position for a little while so I was coaxing him into taking a few crawling steps- holding his knees in and moving his legs while trying to get him to move his own arms.  He actually really likes this type of therapy most of the time- it's extra special attention that he gets and he laughs a lot of the time! But after several minutes of working with him, his laughs turned into frustration and he was collapsing down out of the crawl more...basically he was tired of trying to crawl.  I continued to work with him though, because he's going to need to learn to push himself a little bit from time to time.  So I helped him lift himself back into a crawling position over and over after he would fall down and lie on his tummy.  But one time, after I lifted him back up, he just pushed with his arms so his butt was scooting back over his heels and pushed himself all the way up into a sitting position...all by himself!!! He did it a second time, too! I, of course, cheered and clapped and promptly gave him the toy I was coaxing him with and let him take a much deserved break! :)

All the while, Grace was playing with her jumperoo, trying to weave herself through the maze beneath the bars and the seat.  She loves that game, now! She's so good at cruising around all of the toys, but she's recently been getting more and more comfortable letting go and walking without any help! She walked all the way across the office today when I was standing in front of her coaxing her to reach out to me. So, so cute. Especially those wobbly steps- she walks with her entire body, not just her legs. I love it!

Today was pretty busy.  The babies were up before 6am so Ben helped me feed them before he had to head out to work by 6:30 :( :(.  I spent the morning with the littles hanging out in the play room and going for a stroll around the neighborhood and over to a garage sale one neighborhood away from us. After breakfast, I let Caleb jump in his jumperoo and he started to get so tired that he was zoning out! I caught it on film because it was so cute, but it definitely reminded me of his staring spells so I wonder if it was just him being tired or if something else was going on.  He ended up passing out on the floor of the playroom before I could get his bottle warm. I tried to feed him but he was too conked out to even take the bottle! I'm glad I got it on tape so I can show the neurologist...just to ease my worries. 

Ben got home right when they were waking up from their naps and we took them to a Halloween store to buy their first Halloween costumes!!! I'm SO excited, they're going to be really cute.  I'll have to do the reveal of the costumes at some point on here...it's adorable. :)

After the Halloween store we stopped at a sandwich shop and fed the babies and ourselves and then made our monthly (or bi-weekly...) trip to Costco for formula and paper towels (and plenty more, of course...but I can't tell you how many paper towels we go through in this house!!!).  By the time we got home, it was past 3:00 and we were late for their bottles and naps.  They both fell asleep in the car for a bit, so I knew that second nap was pretty much wrecked.  We tried half heartedly and then gave up and let them play.  Unfortunately, the playing quickly turned into very grouchy babies (mostly Caleb) for the rest of the evening.  Bath time and bed time were not fun tonight.  Hopefully the sleep a little better tonight and don't wake up before 6am!

As we were walking around the neighborhood for a second time today (it's the only way to calm them down when they're really cranky), I was thinking about our first walk with the babies! It was quite the affair- both of my parents were there and my Auntie Kim actually showed up right at the end of the walk. I was still recovering from the c-section, but feeling pretty good honestly.  The babies were so tiny and were lounging in their car seats.  Big difference from today- both of them were playing with their feet, their toys, their sippy cups, and each other as they sat side by side in their double umbrella stroller. Gosh, I can't believe it was only 11 months ago that they couldn't hold their own heads up!!!

What a year :)

11/2/11

11/2/11
 
 
This morning's jump fest!

Look at how happy Caleb is!

A sleep boo bear...

...and a zoned out bubba.


Just getting home from our outing!  They wore the Halloween shirts that Daniel and Jason got them- Grace's says "I'm so cute it's scary" and Caleb's says "Wickedly Handsome" and they both glow in the dark! Nap time was a trip! :) 

Second walk of the day, this time with Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment