Monday, October 8, 2012

What A Year #8 - Scoot!

Caleb almost army crawled today!!!

It was so awesome that Britton could come over to watch the babies all day today, what an amazing help! We thought that my mom was going to come over but she was up late last night getting some work done so she could come over and tripped and fractured her wrist!!! What a horrible, horrible situation.  If that nanny hadn't quit on us, none of this would have happened. 

But we're incredibly lucky that Britton could come over and when I got home, he and William were playing with the littles in the play room.  I was greeted by a GIANT Caleb smile and a very excited little Gracie, so I sat down and started to play with them.  After a little while, Caleb noticed his keys a little ways away from him and started reaching out for them. I noticed that he was pulling and actually moving a little bit so I put my hand behind his bent leg and all of a sudden he just pulled with his arms and pushed a bit with his legs and moved right across the floor! It was awesome!!! 

He was also taking some great steps while I held his arms today, better than he has in a while!

I remember when Caleb first started reaching for toys.  He was a bit delayed in actually reaching for anything or truly playing with toys, so I had been holding different objects out in front of him trying to get him excited enough to reach for a while.  One day, as I was holding his stuffed monkey over him (he has loved when we tickle him with that monkey for a long time), he just reached up and grabbed it, pulled it to his mouth, and started playing with it!!! It was so cute to watch him actually holding a toy instead of just looking or smiling at them!

Think of all of the progress that our little man has made. :)

We have an interview with one nanny tomorrow evening and then another one on Wednesday morning- I'll have to go into work late, but I have to find someone! Hopefully we find the right fit this time. 

3/22/12



Tonight was bath night!

Little lady LOVES it! This is her standard CHEESE smile now :)

Covered in raspberries and spaghetti sauce before bath time.


Look at how long those arms are and how big his hands are! I can't believe it!


Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment