We started out thinking we'd have a big party with everyone we know (ok, I started out thinking that) but when everything got crazy over the last couple of months, we decided to tone it down and host a small get together with the family. We're still doing my original big birthday party theme, however- a Prince and Princess theme! I'll be finishing up some of my last minute decorating ideas tonight and Jess is home making amazing food and drinks. Nicole already made the beautiful invitations that went out less than a week ago because I'm horrible and procrastinated and she also made a banner for their monthly photos to be displayed!
We're holding it at my parents house so of course there will be good wine and maybe some champagne as well. And we'll celebrate with our little family and reminisce about the amazing last year! It's gone by so, so fast.
But today, the littles got their very first birthday presents. Nanny Christy brought them each a gift and a book with a message for them both. After work, we sat down and opened the gifts together and the babies even helped a bit! We'll see how they do with "opening" presents tomorrow... :)
I'm really excited for the party and especially excited about the Wagner after-party that will occur into the late hours of the night! We'll be staying down there tomorrow night so we can partake in the festivities, of course. Hey, we have to celebrate Papa's birthday too! It's a joint affair for the three of them, now!
So I probably won't post tomorrow but I'll do a double post on Sunday night to capture the weekend. Happy birthday party, littles!!!
| 10/22/11 - The joint affair started early when Papa and Nana came to see us off into the c-section! 2am on Papa's birthday! |
| Happy Birthday Babies! |
| Checking out the wrapping... |
| What do you want me to do with this? |
| Playing in our messy playroom! |
No comments:
Post a Comment