Well, they were definitely clean. I mean, they were only five pounds or so...so they weren't exactly ready to take on the world. They still needed to figure out how to eat...
Today, I did bath night by myself which is always tricky. I used our sink instead of the tub because it's easier with one person that way. I was surprised that Caleb didn't cry the whole time like he usually does during a sink bath. As long as I was making funny faces at him and not getting water in his eyes, he was good to go. Grace is awesome with baths now- she doesn't even really mind when we pour water over her head and get it in her eyes and face. She gets cold still pretty easily though, so she was shivering tonight!
Everything was going pretty well except that I needed to put Grace down for bed first since she was acting pretty needy. Unfortunately, when she heard Caleb making noise during his bath, she woke up and cried. Then when I put him down for bed, she woke up and cried some more. She wasn't happy about the whole going to bed before her brother thing...she has FOMO remember (Fear Of Missing Out). Just like mommy.
We're really missing daddy! At least last night wasn't awful. Three wake-ups which isn't too bad. We got to video call daddy tonight for a bit, so the babies got to see him and hear his voice. They both reached for the phone and Grace actually pointed at Ben's face and said Dadada. So cute!
| It took me a while to figure out which baby this is, but it's Grace right before her first bath! She still had her post-birth hat on, covering up her sticky hair. 10/22/11 |
| Right after their first baths; nice and clean, cozy, and sporting new girl and boy hats! 10/22/11 |
| Right before their baths tonight... |
| Caleb: "What? Um...mom...how are we going to have baths without Daddy? I think you might be mistaken..." |
No comments:
Post a Comment