Friday, October 12, 2012

What A Year #12 - Nanny In The House!

Yes, Nanny Christy actually showed up this morning- that's huge bonus points for her compared the some others we've "hired"...

She is truly a sweet girl and I think it's going to be good to work with her. She's only 21 so this whole caring for twins thing is a bit overwhelming for her, I'm sure.  But she's completed nursing school so she has plenty of experience with exhausting and long days!  She may not quite know how to manage all of the ins and outs yet, but I think she'll get there.  She did great for her first day today.

I will tell you that I think we got a little spoiled with all of the tidiness we experienced from our first nanny.  I don't know how much of that we'll get this time around.  We'll see.

I stayed home today for the first 5 hours or so that she was here, just to help out and show her around.  She took the babies for a walk by herself though and then I left around 12:30.  Ben and I took Caleb to the neurologist around 3:15 and then she stayed with Grace until we got home around 5:30. So it was a long day for her, but she managed it pretty well!
I was thinking back to my first day away from the babies. I've come a long way with my trust since that day... Of course, I'm still going to be a bit skeptical. That's why we have cameras set up! :)

I think that first day of daycare I called them twice and stopped in at least once.  Then for the first week I stopped in every day to check in on them. They did great though.  I will say that Caleb seems to be going through some separation anxiety right now- when he knew I was around today he wasn't wanting anything to do with Christy.  I think he got better after I left, so hopefully next week will be a little easier on both of them!  What was nice about daycare was that the babies were pre-separation anxiety and they really just settled right into their new surroundings.  It won't be so easy here on out...but these littles are awesome and they handle whatever we throw at them pretty well!

4/14/12 - The day before their first day at daycare

Family photo!

After their first day! 4/15/12

After his first day...just getting over Hand, Foot, and Mouth 4/15/12




First day with Nanny Christy! Going for a sunny afternoon walk!

"I don't like this hat"

Look, Caleb. Take your hat off like this...

Yeah, you got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment