Thursday, November 15, 2012

Daddy Month #15 - Signs of Stability

So I'm trying to be incredibly clever and creative with the title of the blog post tonight.  You'll hopefully get the picture as I dive into a couple of new things the babies were doing today.  On a side note I continue to call them "the babies" and I'm wondering when I'll start calling them the kids or just Grace and Caleb but I digress.

Okay so we'll start with little Ms. Grace Face and her spectacular sign language skills earlier tonight.  So Amy has been signing to the babies for months now.  She does food, more, all done, thank you, and a few others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.  I've never seen Grace or Caleb do any signing but apparently tonight when it was time for dinner Amy asked Grace if she wanted food and she did the sign for food.  Then she did the sign for more and walked over to the baby gate and started rattling it back and forth like she was ready to go eat.  Very cute signing from a very cute Boo Bear.  I also have to add that she continues to say vacuum over and over and over again.  It's really funny and Amy and I have decided that all of her new words going forward are going to have something to do with cleaning....Ly.sol, mopping, dusting, organization, and so on!

Now to Mr. Caleb's "feet" for the day.  We recently got him some orthotics for his shoes because he needs better arch support and this is our first attempt at some correction for that.  So we've been putting him in his special shoes because it helps with his overall stability.  Well tonight while he had them on he stood at the piano all by himself and reached for things and played for an extended amount of time.  Mommy even said he took one side step, which was a wobbly side step but a side step nonetheless.  Hopefully this is the precursor for cruising which was originally a 15 month goal.  He's doing awesome and really seems to be excelling over the last couple of weeks.  We also met with our therapy case worker tonight and put together a plan for Caleb that involves additional therapy and even better specialists so that's also very exciting. 

Now on to some pictures of me tossing the babies around the house :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment