Friday, November 9, 2012

Daddy Month #9 - Attack of the sick babies

Well I hate to sound like a broken record lately but when the babies are sick that is the only news story in town.  Both Caleb and Grace had fevers throughout the day and you can really tell they're not feeling great.

Last night was night two of no sleep but this time it was my turn.  I woke up with the Grace crying around 12:45am and didn't get back into bed until 3:45am.  When I say get back into bed I mean with at least one baby that just could not stop crying for more than five seconds so Amy and I took turns holding at least one of the babies in bed with us until around 5:30am at which point I gave up and went out to feed them.  It was a very long night and I can hope for something better tonight but the babies took a four hour nap this morning so odds are this is going to play out again.

Okay enough being negative about no sleep and on to some funny stuff that Grace has been doing while she has not been feeling well.  Tonight when I got home from work she immediately came up to me and wanted to be picked up. So I picked her up and she put her head on my chest but it didn't stop there.  The Boo Bear just can't decide if she's ready to play or if she needs to rest her little head.  She put her head on my chest, on Caleb's back, on Mommy's leg, on the big stuffed bear, on the monkey rocking toy, on my leg, on the floor, and just about any other place a baby head could feel comfortable.  It was pretty cute to watch her run around torn between all her toys and trying to rest because she didn't feel well. 

Hopefully this will be the last of my sick posts and I can start on something a little more upbeat.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures today so I'll have to take double the pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment