Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Daddy Month #21 - Black Friday

So Mommy and I have a bit of a Black Friday obsession.  A couple years ago we went out and stood in line at Target for a TV that we didn't actually get and ever since we've been hooked.  We went last year and again it was more just because we wanted to make it a tradition and this year will be the same.  For that reason I will not be posting tomorrow night because Amy and I will be at one of the various stores we plan on stopping at late tomorrow night into the early hours of Friday.  So I first want to thank Nana and Papa for helping us keep this tradition alive because we obviously won't be taking the babies out to fight the crowds of crazy people.  Anyway we are super excited to go out and have a little time together to people watch and buy gifts for the family.  We've actually been planning a couple of nights this week and have a pretty comprehensive gameplan which is made very easy by the internet these days.  I bet most of you didn't know that there is an excel spreadsheet online that has been updated with over 19,000 deals to be had on Black Friday.  I bet you also didn't know that there are a ton of coupons, rebates, and cashback websites to lower your costs.  For example, Amy and I got an electric griddle, slow cooker, and a blender online at Ko.hls today for a total of $2.76 for all three!

Alright enough about deals and on to the important stuff.  Tomorrow will be the babies second Thanksgiving but the first where they will be sitting at the table with everyone else eating (in very small bites) what everyone else is eating.  I'm really excited to see them get to try all sorts of new foods tomorrow and to get to show them off to the family.  This will be the first time a lot of them get to see Mr. Caleb crawling and I'm sure Grace will be saying "vac oom" non-stop.  So check back on Friday night and I'll update everyone on Thanksgiving and hopefully I'll have some great pictures to share.




No comments:

Post a Comment