Saturday, November 24, 2012

Daddy Month #24 - A wine spitting good time!

Yeah you read that title right. What you ask inspired that title?  Well tonight during some early birthday festivities at Nana and Papa's house I was eating dinner and happened to take a sip of wine right when "Crazy Uncle Brian" said something funny at just the right time and I spit my wine across the table.  It was pretty funny to everyone except for poor Everett who happened to be in the spray zone and he wasn't too happy about it.  Sorry Everett!

Okay now on to the day.  Last night was not a great night by any means as I was up for most of it with our kids who are absolutely crazy right now.  They're not sleeping, they're not drinking from their sippy cuts, it's total madness at the Haley house.  Luckily Mommy let me do some napping before we went over to Nana and Papa's house for dinner.  So tonight was my early birthday dinner and I got to have whatever I wanted so of course I went with Papa's world famous salmon and of course he went above and beyond.  I ended up not just getting one huge salmon filet but two and they were both absolutely delicious.  Nana also made her world famous twice baked potatoes and of course I had to have three of those.  Overall, it was a phenomenal dinner and at this point almost five hours later I'm still incredibly full, which is pretty impressive with the amount that I can usually eat.

After dinner we went out on the boat for a ride around the lake and my first time on the boat with the babies.  It was a lot of fun and Ms. Grace Face wanted no part in sitting still, unless of course it was sitting on the table in the middle of the boat.  Caleb seemed to really enjoy the boat ride too and was just taking it all in.  When we got back from the quick ride around the lake it was time to open gifts.  I got a very cute card from Kate that she did all by herself.  Thanks Kate!  I also got some gift cards to Amazon and two round trip tickets to Vegas from Nana and Papa!  Yay we're going to Vegas in a month!  Thanks Nana and Papa!  Brian and Nicole got me some stuff for my new guitar because I'm making it my new year's resolution to learn how to play an instrument.  Thanks Brian and Nicole!  Then Mommy gave me possibly the best gift ever which was a homemade coupon books with things like "a free week of no night baby duty!"  I don't know if she knows what she has gotten herself in to.  Thanks Mommy!

Well that's a quick recap of a great day and I'm excited to say that I get to spend the day with Grace, Caleb, and Mommy tomorrow where we'll do some additional birthday celebrating. It will be a great day and an awesome end to our Thanksgiving weekend. 

 
The Crazy Uncle Brian I was referring to.

Captain of the ship!


"I'm the king of the world"

1 comment:

  1. From now on, that will be how we determine a good time. Was it wine spitting? Happy Birthday Ben. We love you!

    ReplyDelete