Well I'm about halfway through Daddy month and for the last couple weeks I've been struggling to come up with what to write about. I'm starting to realize that there isn't going to be an earth shattering event every day that I can post about but rather it's all the things that happen on a daily basis that make this blog so great. Posting every day really lets us go back and see how the babies grew one day at a time in their first year and when you put it all together you see how much they've grown up so quickly. So today's post is about all the new little things that happened today that haven't happened before because that's what it's all about. One step at a time.
So last night was my night and I'm happy to say the babies made it until around 4:30 at which point they were up off and on until 5:30 but then slept until 7:30. Overall it was a good night. When I got them up this morning I picked them both up in my arms and carried them out to their boppys in the family room. I laid them down, heated up their bottles, and then handed the bottles over to both of them. For the first time they both just laid there drinking their milk while I made myself breakfast and picked up. They're becoming so much more self sufficient and it makes things so much easier. Once Mommy got up we played for a bit and then put them down for a nap. After the nap we packed up and went to Mimi's. Eating out with the babies has gotten to be much less overwhelming for me over the last few months and I'm really enjoying feeding them off the kid's menu while Amy and I eat. I'm also sure the waitress enjoys what looks like a cheer.io explosion underneath the table after we leave. I have actually started tipping more just because I feel so bad about the disaster that is our kids when we go to a restaurant. After a little bit of shopping we came home and put the babies down for a nap that lasted 2 HOURS! It was glorious and let me get in my second nap for the day. Amy and I finally had to go in and wake up the babies so they would fall asleep tonight and then we spent some time all just hanging out on the bed together. While we were watching tv Grace grabbed the remote like she has a million times before only this time she pointed it at the tv and started pushing buttons. Our little Boo Bear is a technology genius! We hardly watch tv in front of the kids but apparently she's seen us do it enough to know that you have to point the remote if you want it to work. Next we all headed into the playroom and then I went out to the garage to get in a quick workout. When I came in the babies were happily playing with Mommy and Grace ran over to the gate so I would pick her up. One thing I will note about most of the day is Mr. Caleb thinks I'm hilarious. All I have to do is look in his general direction and he just starts laughing. I was playing with Grace from across the room making a "buzzing" noise and he heard me and started cracking up. He is just the happiest little man and he is so easy to take care of because he is constantly flashing that cute little smile.
So that was our day in a nutshell and it was a lot of fun and it seems like every day we get to see something new. It's amazing to wonder what little new thing they're going to do tomorrow and I can't wait to see!
 |
| Caleb teaching me how to crawl |
 |
| "That's pretty good Dad but I think your hand placement is way off" |
 |
| It was a three-way battle for the remote |
 |
| Grace won! |
 |
| Yeah I've pretty much got this crawling thing on lock down |
From now on, that will be how we determine a good time. Was it wine spitting? Happy Birthday Ben. We love you!
ReplyDelete