Okay now that I'm done trying to be funny I will move on to talk about a couple things that are going on lately. So the first thing I need to document is how excited the babies were to see me when I got home from work today. Grace ran up to me like she always does with her arms out and ready to be picked up while Caleb lunged for me while Mommy was holding him. So I held them both at the same time at least until Grace started to smack Caleb in the face. We're not really sure what to do with our aggressive little lady right now. She has a new habit of walking up to Caleb and just hitting on the head or in the nose. Sometimes he'll fight back a little and Grace thinks it hilarious but then she goes overboard and Caleb starts to cry. Let me just add that we don't just standby and watch Caleb get picked on but occasionally they'll just be playing together and a slapping fight breaks out. So Amy and I are at a bit of a loss on how to parent Gracie when she does this. The pediatrician recommended timeout...but she's 1 so not sure if she's ready for that yet. At this point we just either pull Caleb away or move Grace to another toy.
So maybe this post should have been called "recent trials and tribulations" because as I'm writing about disciplining Grace we are also dealing with the continuation of sickness in our house. Grace came down with a low fever today and we're not sure if it's from recent vaccinations or if I got her sick from my troubles last week. Both Caleb and Grace are also teething as she tries for her 3rd tooth and Caleb shoots for wisdom teeth. Okay not really but it feels like our little man has been popping teeth since day one. Overall, this is leading to not a lot of sleep in our house right now but you know what it's all worth it because as I said before Caleb and Grace were voted cutest kids ever!
I'm sorry to say I dropped the ball on the pictures again today so I will leave you with the one picture taken by the nanny today. I wouldn't normally do just one picture but I think you will see the humor in the one Christy decided to take today. I know I saw it and said...."really that's when you happened to have the camera ready to go?"
| You decide - Giant sectional or Tiny Little Peanut? |
No comments:
Post a Comment